The Gaylord Resort is Colorado’s largest hotel built to date and the largest hotel project under construction in the US during 2018. Also, the largest project Colorado Hardscapes installed in 2018 with over 150,000 SF of flatwork placed.
The Gaylord is one of three jobs with GC, Mortenson, that CHI worked on during 2018. The teams who worked on these three projects earned the 2018 Mortenson Subcontractor Quality Award. Showing once again how we maintain our standards for quality and excellence on all size projects.
Starting in the fall of 2017 and completing in December 2018, Jeremy and his crew, along with various other crews, spent over 21,000 hours completing this work. Teamwork was crucial on this project with crews working in three to four different areas around the site at the same time.
Our work included:
- Bomanite® Imprinted Concrete in 2 different patterns in the Grand Lodge
- Sandscape® (our premium version of sand finish) in Sand color racked and tooled in the Grand Lodge
- Sandscape® in 3 colors Westword Brown, Shadow Slate, and Winter Beige are seen throughout the property including all pool decks, the event center lawns, and convention center
- Sandscape® Step Work near the Lazy River
- Coping in Sandscape® finish around all pools, rivers, and fountains
- Decorative Sawcuts around the pool decks and walkways
- Caulking and sealing
The results are amazing and clearly show our quality and teamwork.